Friday, January 22, 2010

overheard

It's been an exciting week in the wide and wonderful world of psychology, i mean, family medicine. here are some of my favorite things i've heard this week:


pt: "are you the doctor?"

me: "no, i'm...."

pt: "well if you're not the doctor then the least you can do is get me some coffee. black."



pt: "i keep gaining weight. i don't know why i keep gaining wt."

me: "ok, let's try to sort through this and come up with some ideas and strategies so you can lose that weight.....(long interview inserted here, blah blah blah) ...so tell me about your caffeine use..."

pt: "i drink 2-3 liters a day"

me: "of what?"

pt: "soda."

me: "of regular soda??"

pt: "yes, well i read on the internet that diet soda is bad for you."




and my personal favorite...


pt: "i have sort of a weird question for you, please don't take it the wrong way..."

me: "nothing is sacred. shoot."

pt: "um...do you guys have any body bags you could loan me?"





A quick pic from the new hood- the park this was taken from is 3 blocks from our place. have i mentioned that we love it here?? today i wore heels to work with my fancy new haircut...damn i feel all growed up. for like the first time ever. it's almost exciting. painful, but exciting.

1 comment:

  1. you should just let the patient borrow one of ben's body bags. he's probably not using all of them right now.

    ReplyDelete