Monday, June 1, 2009

whoa there big guy

highlight of today:
finally having a patient with a phenomenal sense of humor and who thought he could get a rise out of the little PA student.

pt presents for eval of pilonidal cyst (which by the way, am feeling like an expert on at this point)...so we discuss his pertinent HPI, etc and then we discuss how the physical exam will go, that we'll be poking around his bum, etc... and then i get to the part where i say "ok, let me just go grab my preceptor and we'll take a loo-"... and before i could even get the sentence out, there was a half nekked guy bending over, telling me to take a good look in the tone of voice that told me he was clearly enjoying my reaction.

i mean....what could be better? how's that for being proactive about your own healthcare? if it wasn't for his giggling, i might have gone ahead with the exam. instead, i muttered something about him needing more of an audience for such a great show...and left the room to grab someone, anyone...who wanted in on the action. now that i've seen a few of these, i can't say that i was all that riled up about it, but i feigned enough surprise to keep him happy. oh fun times.

good news for this guy: no pilonidal disease. good news for me: i got a couple of new dirty jokes to add to my repertoire now. totally inappropriate. but funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment